115 Mind-Boggling Facts You Never Knew About Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
The influence of social media networks is inescapable, but how much do you actually know about these globally popular websites?
In this post, I’m going to share some mind-boggling facts about social media and how it affects our personal and professional lives.
Did You Know?
Every minute around the globe there are:
- Over 4,166,667 new likes on Facebook
- 2,430,555 new likes on Instagram
- More than 435,120 new tweets on Twitter
These facts highlight the integral role that social media plays in today’s society.
Social media platforms allow people to interact and share parts of their lives with people all over the world. It has created a space where distance is no longer an issue.
People can interact with friends and family in separate countries, while businesses can promote their product and brand to a larger demographic reach.
Social Media Addiction
With such high levels of activity, it should come as no surprise that we are becoming more and more addicted to social media.
- Are you one of the 18% who can’t go more than a few hours without checking Facebook?
- Or perhaps you’re one of the 28% of iPhone users who need a Twitter fix before you get out of bed in the morning?
And how do you consume the morning news? Are you still reading the newspaper or watching the Breakfast News on TV? If that’s you, you’re in the minority:
- 85% of people rely on Twitter and Facebook for their morning news
And each day:
- 1.23 billion users log into Facebook for an average of 17 minutes
- That’s the equivalent of 39, 757 years every day
How Social Media Influences Purchasing Decisions
Which social media channel should you use for marketing your products and services?
Each business is different, but you’d be hard-pushed to ignore Facebook. Not only does it have the most active users, but it’s also the leader when it comes to influencing purchase decisions:
- Facebook – 31%
- YouTube – 27%
- LinkedIn – 27%
- Google Plus – 20%
- Pinterest – 12%
- Twitter – 8%
– I was surprised to see Google Plus beating Pinterest!
These are just a few of the 115 amazing facts about social media that Skilled compiled into an infographic.Discover 115 Mind-Boggling Facts about Social Media in this Infographic.Click To Tweet
115 Facts You Never Knew About Social Media
Check out the infographic below to discover 115 new facts about social media:
Presented by Skilled.co
This infographic was created by the team at Skilled.co. It highlights the different ways that social media is implemented into the professional and personal lives of individuals in today’s society.
I bet some of these facts were new to you, weren’t they?
- Which one of these social media facts surprised you most?
- Which social media platform works best for your business?
Let us know in the comments below.